Heading into July, most major sports leagues from around the world are on break, enjoying the offseason. During this time, William hill promotions and other bookmakers are getting creative designing all kinds of promotions that give punters the right amount of incentive to jump into action. Among the top bookmakers in Australia are major gambling conglomerates like bet365, Ladbrokes and William, and all three are currently advertising interesting bonuses.
For more information on William Hill take a look at our full review.
All three of these major players have been successful in England and other parts of Europe. In fact, William Hill has consistently maintained its place as the largest bookmaker in the U.K. since its inception. The company was founded in 1934 and has spent the last 80+ years building a solid reputation among U.K. punters and the industry in general.
William Hill’s History in Australia
It was with great anticipation that William Hill finally made a major move into the Australian gaming industry in the Northern Territory. While the company’s primary focus for decades had been on providing bookmaking services through one of it’s 2300+ betting shops located throughout the U.K., the focus began to shift towards including iGaming services, which eventually drove the company to make its move into Australia.
After introducing its dedicated gaming website in Europe in 2009, the transition into Australia became a foregone conclusion. William Hill’s management first introduced its website to Australian punters in 2012 under the licensing provided by the Northern Territory government. Never one to settle for being second best, William Hill immediately made several key acquisitions (Tom Waterhouse, Centrebet and Sportingbet) of other Australian bookmakers during 2013. These moves proved to be a big part of what enabled the company to become the largest bookmaker in the country based on its customer base and gaming revenues.
William Hill Promotions
Given that its wagering menu and betting options are pretty much the same as those offered by other Australian bookmakers, William Hill’s management has always understood the importance of setting itself apart from the others through the use of an aggressive promotional menu, which they hope will motivate punters to do their betting with William Hill. After all, it’s no secret that the Australian bookmaking industry is very competitive and its clientele very demanding. The challenge has always been to match the right promos with the what the customer base seems to want.
A quick review of the William Hill promotions for both the sports and race books indicates the company is more than willing to develop innovative promotions to give its customers real value. In the race book, there is always 4-8 solid promotions in the offering. In the sports betting section, the company uses several interesting promotions as leverage, but puts a lot of focus on its free bet promo code for new customers.
The William Hill Promotional Code for Registration of New Customers
In the Australian bookmaking industry, sports punters hold a special place in the hearts of local bookmakers. They are considered the bread and butter of the industry because of the average amount of money they wager per capita. In order to draw its fair share of new sports punters, William Hill uses a promotional code for registration to be used by only its new sports betting customers. Once a new punter registers with the site, they gain access to the appropriate free bet promo code and the promo’s terms and conditions. Here’s a look at the current free bet promo being advertised for new customers.
As a reward for betting with William Hill, **new customers are eligible to receive up to $200 in bonus bets based on their first settled bet!**
Terms and Conditions:
- This offer in only available for residents of Australia. Furthermore, this offer is only extended to punters who currently reside in the Northern Territory.
- Punters who make their initial deposit using the POLi banking option will not be eligible for this offer.
- The bonus bet amount will be allocated based on the punter’s first “settled” bet. That’s the first wager to go final.
- Once the bonus bet amount has been placed in the punter’s bonus account, they will have 7 days to use their bonus bet allocation.
- Winnings derived from bonus bets will be placed directly into the punter’s regular wagering account. Those winnings will be tracked in order to make sure the punter fulfills the promo’s rollover requirement. The stake amount of each bonus bet reverts back to the bookmaker.
- Winnings are ineligible for withdraw until such time as the punter has met the promo’s rollover requirement. In order to meet that requirement, the punter has 90 days to wager their bonus bets winnings on an event or events that carried odds equal to or greater than +150.
- Punters have 45 days from the date of their account registration to submit documentation to be used as proof of identification.
- Once the player has met the above terms and conditions, they will be eligible to withdraw any winnings derived from their bonus bets.
- Failure to comply with any of the promotion’s term and conditions will result in the forfeiture of any bonus bet rewards, plus any winnings that might have been derived from those bonus bet rewards.
Daily and Weekly Free Bet Offers
On a daily and/or weekly basis, William Hill has shown a propensity to issue a free bet promo code or two for a specific sports event. When these daily and/or weekly offers are made, they might be given as a reward for loyalty or as a reward for making some type of additional reload deposit. In all cases, it is important for punters to read each offer’s specific terms and conditions as they may vary from one offer to the next.
When betting with William Hill, Australian punters can rest easy they are dealing with a top-notch Australian bookmaker. Free bets are offered as an incentive to create loyalty and help spur the punter into action. For active punters who have established a solid relationship with this particular bookmaker, they have the right to expect value-added promos in exchange for their loyalty. For the boldest punters, contacting customer service and requesting a free bet is always an option. In fact, punters should always feel free to contact customer service regarding any problem or questions related to bonuses or their account activity.
If you are interested to see what other promotions are currently being offered by Australian bookmakers check out the rest of the promotions on offer at freebets.com.au