The Betstar online sports betting site might appear a bit familiar to Australian punters who have recently visited Ladbrokes Australia or Bookmaker, and that’s with good reason. Betstar is, in fact, owned by the Ladbrokes bookmaking group. With that clearly defined, it should not come as a surprise that the promotions menu includes many of the same free bets offers. For more about this bookmaker take a look at our full Betstar review.
The Betstar Deposit Bonus
The one promotion is that is quite different is the Betstar sign up bonus. The primary differences come in the promotion’s monetary value and redemption process, which seems to favor the offer made to Ladbrokes Australian’s punters.
The Betstar deposit bonus currently being advertised on the bookmaker’s website offers new customers up to $100 in free bets based on their first deposit of equal value to the bonus amount they wish to receive. By industry standards, this is a rather small number. For punters in the know, free bets of up to $250 could be awarded by the customer service department upon request.
In either case, the appropriate Betstar bonus code will be issued by text or email after the punter has registered for a wagering account. The Betstar bonus code needs to be entered when the first deposit is initiated. Upon having the deposit approved and entered into their regular wagering account, the appropriate amount of bonus bet monies will be deposited into the punter’s bonus account within one business day, usually within the first couple of hours.
Betstar Sign Up Bonus – Terms and Conditions
For the most part, Betstar’s bonus bet terms and conditions are the same as those used by Ladbrokes. Here’s a quick look at some of the key rules.
- This offer is not available for Australian residents who live in the following provinces: New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria.
- All free bets and the associated rollover requirement must be completed within 90 days of receiving the bonus bet allocation.
- The bonus bet allocation must be wagered as one single bet or four bets of equal value on eligible markets. Only one bonus bet per wagering event is permitted.
- Bonus bet winnings, minus the stake amount, will be deposited into the punter’s regular wagering account.
- Prior to becoming eligible to be withdrawn, punters must wager the amount of their bonus bet winnings, plus the original deposit amount a minimum of 2X on events or teams that carry odds of +150 or greater.
- Once all the above bonus bet terms and conditions have been met, the net remaining bonus bet winnings become eligible for withdraw, subject to Betstar’s terms and conditions that govern withdrawals. This could include the requisite waiting period, plus the presentation of documentation to be used to verify the punter’s identity and age.
- Failure to comply with any of the promo’s terms and conditions could result in the forfeiture of all bonus bet allocations, plus any winning derived from said bonus bets.
Along with the welcome bonus bet promotion, Betstar features many of the same sports and horse racing betting promotions found at Ladbrokes. This includes the following promotions found in the race book: Pick Your Own Odds, Favourite vs Field, Protest Payouts and Past the Post Payout. While it’s not clear what in on tap in the future, there’s a good chance Betstar will be offering the exciting “Odds Boost” promotion currently being developed and promoted at Ladbrokes. This exciting promotion allows horse punters to accumulate boost points one day to be used to boost the fixed odds of one horse the following day. With the patent pending, this promo could be arriving at any time.